Tuesday, May 29, 2012

WWW–Dragon Breeder

Review: Dragon Breeder (BETA) is a game where players progress by using the principles of Mendelian Genetics. Breed target dragons, or determine the genotypes of the dragons in your den. Purchase special skills and upgrades, and work your way through a storyline mode that will take your knowledge of genetic principles to their limit. Because the game is written in HTML5, you will need the latest version of whichever browser you use. When I studied basic genetics in school, we did it in context of pea plants, but lets face it, dragons are a lot cooler than pea plants. And the colorful graphics and easy interface makes it hard to give up! You need to register though to use this resource but registration is free and easy. And once you have registered take some time and explore the wonderful Sponge Lab site further, there are tons of wonderful and innovative resources out there.

Suitable for ages: 10-15 (although my 7 year old is up to her eye ball in it now, so let the younger ones have a go with it as well!)

Disclaimer: I am not being paid by anyone for these reviews and mention on my blog. I only share the stuff I have used myself in our homeschooling journey and like it so want to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is important

Related Posts with Thumbnails